Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Is it okay to let my puppy sleep with me?

I have an eight week old toy poodle puppy. As soon as I got him home he has been using puppy pads and only had one accident because I had him in another room. But if there is a puppy pad he uses it or tries to find it. I have been trying to put him in his crate at night but he gets extremely upset and starts to tear up anything he can and he thrashes around in the crate and he cries really loud all night (I mean all night). I tried putting him in the bed with me and he curled up next to my stomach and he slept there all night without waking up. I know a lot of people say this isn't good but I am afraid he will hurt himself in his crate. He craves to be with me and loves to sit on my lap and follow me around the house. He gets very upset when he is not next to me. I am trying to teach him to go in his crate for a few hours during the day which he is doing okay with. He cries a little but soon quiets down. But at night he just wants to snuggle up with me because he feels safe and warm. If I make sure I reinforce that I am the pack leader and I work really hard on obedience training is it okay to let him sleep with me? I don't mind because he is warm and cuddly I don't roll so I won't hurt him.

No comments:

Post a Comment